A Christmas project inspired by the book, "The Quiltmaker's Gift"

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Costa Rican Christmas - Last Year´s Success

By a miraculous string of circumstances, what was meant to be an extended family vacation, has turned out to become a new permanent life for me and my family here in Costa Rica. While living here has offered us many, countless, opportunities for education, fun, and leisure, it has also been a daily reminder of how blessed we are. Our education, life experience, and basic genealogy has provided us with the tools we need to live comfortably. We have endless opportunities, the world is our playground, and we can ALWAYS provide.

Those feelings I was experiencing, coupled with my then new found favorite book, "The Quilt maker's Gift" led me to search for a way to give back to the community last Christmas. When I couldn't find the usual "Sub 4 Santa" so convenient and common in the states, my husband and I decided to take the project on ourselves. With the extremely generous donations from family and friends back home, we were able to raise over $3,000 to provide food, clothes, and toys for families in need.


Christmas Day 2009



We are doing it again this year, but of course we can't do it without your help! Last year, even the smallest donation of $5, was part of the big picture to give to others something with no price tag. See our post "how to donate" for an opportunity to be a part of A Costa Rican Christmas and join in our "conspiracy of love."

No comments:

Post a Comment